Saturday, December 16, 2023

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing is here again. The week is over and it seems like time is in a race to get done with.

1. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?All presents given me were the best.    I was hurt by family never liking anything I gave them, so I love everything I receive.
2. What is the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I don't think I received a bad gift.
3. Do you have a favorite Christmas song?
Silver Bells.
4. Does your family have any favorite holiday traditions?
Huge breakfasts and dinners, lots of snacks. The angel bells my mother lit.
5. What is your favorite Christmas snack?
Russian Tea Cookies. 
6. Did you believe in Santa growing up?
I believe in most things that others consider myth and I know that what most of the world believes is garbage.
7. How early do you start decorating?
It takes me a couple of weeks to decorate because my back hurts so much.  I began just after Thanksgiving and I am still trying to finish.
8. Are you an early or last-minute shopper?
I am "time blind" so, its a good thing if I get shopping done at all.
9. Would you rather give or receive gifts?
I don't like giving gifts that are bought. There are other things you can give. I do give them, just resent the push to do it.   I like to receive things I really need.
10. What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
The Bishop's Wife, A Christmas Carol with George C Scott. Shop Around the Corner, Meet Me in St. Louis, Mr. Kruger's Christmas.
11. What is one of your Christmas memories?   Walking home late at night after buying stocking stuffers my Dad sent me to the 5&10 to buy. Silver Bells was on the loud speaker.  It was very cozy. 
Another was walking the dog late at night in a snow fall.
12. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
We open stockings but as a kid no as the tree didn't even go up until I was in bed.

5 comments:

  1. "Walking home late at night after buying stocking stuffers my Dad sent me to the 5&10 to buy. Silver Bells was on the loud speaker. It was very cozy.
    Another was walking the dog late at night in a snow fall."

    💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Annie...I can only imagine how "Walking home late at night after buying stocking stuffers my Dad sent me to the 5&10 to buy. Silver Bells was on the loud speaker. It was very cozy.
    Another was walking the dog late at night in a snow fall."---thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, your family was like mine...the tree didn't get put up until Christmas Eve. We started on it before we went to bed, but it didn't get finished until after we went to bed. No gifts went under the tree until we children were safely tucked in our beds with visions of sugarplums dancing in our heads. LOL. I loved walking in the snow at night when we lived up north. Something magical about that. I love Silver Bells too. I enjoyed your answers very much. Thank you! Praying you are feeling stronger each day. I do understand the pain of decorating, however. I've had to stretch it out...and now I must start to do the gift wrapping, which is very difficult for me, but it must be done. Like you, I'd rather have gifts of time spent with loved ones and friends. I know I don't need another thing to put somewhere, but I am always thankful for whatever gifts I receive. Take care my friend. God is with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Christmas gift is from a dear friend...
    a slotted sign that says "Do All Things With Love" .
    The sigh is so very precious to me , that it hangs in my home , to this very day !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.