z Cottage by the Sea : Favorites

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Favorites

Can you say BLUSTERY boys and girls?   Or perhaps since I live by the ocean it should be Buoys and Gulls.

We don't have snow like the land locked Nothr NJ. out here on the peninsula part of New Jersey we are getting rain and WIND with a capital every letter! I love it! It's cold outside, blustery and rainy ... t perfect night to be inside having homemade pizza and watching episodes of 48 Hours  and The FBI Files on YouTube.


Now, from Sunday Stealing, questions stolen from Pinterest about favorite things.

1. Favorite food :    I like  Mexican, Italian, British, Greek, Polish foods... tacos, fish Vera Cruz, stuffed cabbage, Greek spinach pie... so many things I like .

2. Favorite color:   I think I love pale yellow, forest greens and purple the best.  Then again I am crazy about 1950s pink bathrooms.. Mamie Eisenhower inspired the pink that was popular as it was  a favorite of hers. She wore a gorgeous diamond sprinkled pink dress to the inaugural ball.
For a house I like deep green and maroon...   My first ever home was this color and I love how it blends with nature so nicely.  
I love this color for a house and when I can, will paint mine like this I think.


3. Favorite Animal: Since I view them as individuals, I have found some animals to be more favorite than other.

4. Favorite thing to do on a cold day:      I love to go outside and sit in the cold for a while . It revives the soul. Being cooped up in a hot house is not a good thing. Another thing I love is having people over for a hot meal on an icy cold day.  Going for a ride in the car and stopping at a diner for lunch or supper is so special too and so is just stopping for a hot tea/coffee and a piece of mile high diner pie.. like Chocolate Cream or Coconut Cream pie.

5. Favorite vacation spot: Right here on the New Jersey seashore.

6. Favorite TV show:  I like shows like Blue Bloods, old reruns of Gunsmoke, Perry Mason.  I was never old enough to watch them as a kid since I had to be in bed so I could hear them downstairs and now I can finally see them!

7. Favorite Mythical creature  I don't think there are mythical creatures anymore than there were mythical people.  These things are memories of actual beings that once lived on the earth.  

8. Favorite fairy tale: The Land of Green Ginger.  A funny, charming and magical book, well written and fun to read.
“WHAT? YOU AGAIN?' he shouted in capital letters.” ―by Noel Langley, The Land of Green Ginger 
“Desist!’ cried the wicked Prince Tintac Ping Foo in a sizzling frenzy. ‘I came here to buy a magic carpet! One that flies! Show me what you have!” ― Noel Langley, The Land of Green Ginger
9. Favorite thing to draw: Landscapes of the Jersey shore.

10. Favorite scent: Balsam pine

11. Favorite mode of transportation: Trains!!

12. Favorite vegetable:  I like so many I can't list them all.

13. Favorite candy: Snickers 

14. Favorite sport:       I loved ice skating.. I have an old clipping from the paper of my Dad and I skating on the little lake in Warinanco Park. I was 3 and the youngest skater there.
Warinanco was designed by the same man who built Central Park in NY, Frederick Law Olmstead. Central Park is absolutely incredible with wild rambles, water falls, lakes, streams.. cayotes too. It is a magical place.

15. Favorite weather: I love autumn weather best with its windy, cool days.   I also love winter with its blustery icy days and silver skies.    I enjoy cool summer nights on the ocean front.  I am not that fond of Spring as I find it far too damp.

11 comments:

  1. It's snowing in Albany, NY. It's slowed down but it's supposed to restart by morning, with a total of 6 inches or so. I LOVE the train; only civilized form of transportation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here in central Florida, although we had monsoonal rains yesterday, lol. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I skated at Warinaco park as a kid as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy trains very much. That is a pretty color for a house! Loved your answers! Have a nice day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite food is Indian. We had a few snow showers here in Wisconsin but for the most part it has been a mild winter. This area sees wind quite often. I am already looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad y'all got the snow that was predicted. It is important for the water table and other reasons. We've been receiving gobs of rain this year. That's a good thing too. On January 3rd in 2018 it snowed here in SE Georgia. Then that Spring we had the most gorgeous wildflowers. Nice! Wouldn't mind that happening again.
    The Land of Green Ginger sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to look it up. Thanks.
    Hope y'all have a blessed, restful day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow here on the coast... just rain. Snow fell further inland and north. I love on the peninsula part of NJ so.. no snow.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you can find the joy in bad weather. Not many can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie~ Got to agree with Snickers being my favorite candy bar, and yes, I also believe animals are individuals, I love them all!! Have a great week! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you and Barb ! Each of my Kitty Girls had different beginnings , yet each came to teach me something valuable . Sometimes , our Professors are four-footed and rather furry ! Stay safe , warm and well...continuing to find joy in unexpected places ! Lovely header !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.