z Cottage by the Sea : Planning

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Planning

Hello...
 Hey.  Bathroom fixing is taking up a lot of time but there is always time for Tuesday 4.
Its been a hard few weeks here. My friend is very sick with a bad cold.  I have been in more pain than usual  with my spine and work on the bathroom has been long and laborious. It had to be gutted out.. hard when its the only bathroom you have...as the damage was extensive.  It's been hard having to be up all day. I need to take pressure off my back every now and again and that's not been possible with a house full of people every day. So pain dulls the mind and takes over.  It is hard to keep things going when its bad like that.
Tonight (Monday) it is snowing and very cold.   School will be delayed 90 minutes tomorrow.
Tonight we found that the glass surround for the shower is not right but we think we have found another with a farmhouse door-like look. Still, it will take time to be delivered.

Let's do some planning....

1. What is something you have always wanted to do? When will you do it?    Take a long, fancy train ride across the country.

2. Friends are coming to town to visit you. What arrangements will you make and what sights do you think you would take them to see?

I will spruce up the guest room.  I would take them to the ocean, maybe to Cape May.

3. It's time to relax after a busy Tuesday. What sounds good for tonight? A movie? Which one? A book? Early to bed?

I played a game, then watched an episode of The FBI Files.  I watched the snow falling outside.

4. Plan something for this weekend that includes going out or having people in. 

I won't be having anyone in until the bathroom is done.  If work is still being done on the bath, I won't be going out anywhere either.          Whatever you do, I hope  you have a lovely week.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, Annie, I know how hard it is to have work going on in the house, but especially the bathroom! That is a pain to not be able to use your own bathroom! I know you will be so happy when it is finally done! Meanwhile, I pray for your comfort and hope you can find relief for your pain. I bet the snow was pretty coming down. I used to love to watch it too. Right now it is pouring down rain here and we will drop down to freezing tonight. So it could snow, but it won't. I can always imagine! I haven't done my Tuesday 4 yet today, so I need to go do it now. Can't wait to see the results of your new bathroom when it is finished. Hope it is soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems when it rains it pours.. oh might I say, snows. What a difficult time you are enduring. And waiting for deliveries is perhaps hardest of all. And all this headache whilst you are suffering back pain, I’m so, so sorry. Yet, you are Johnny on the spot to get Tuesday’s meme up, as well! You are made of stout stuff, my dear! You have such a keen mind and a strong spirit. I am so blessed to be one of your bloggers! And I will be praying for you this week! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We talked about taking a cross country train ride once. I let myself get talked out of it by someone who once drove trains for AmTrak. He told me all the horror stories. I really wish he hadn't done that. :/
    So sorry about the back pain! Praying you'll be able to relax and get relief.
    I'm so excited about your house reno. Can't wait to see all the improvements. It makes me happy that it makes you happy.
    It's supposed to be pipe bustin' temperatures here in Georgia tonight. I'm praying that "they" are wrong (won't be the first time).
    Be better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, I watch a show called When Calls the Heart and they mention Cape May. I took a train ride from California to Denver Colorado during the winter of 1968. There was a lot of snow, and it was so pretty. I liked the dining car and the observation room. I would like to take a train ride again. Hopefully your bathroom will be ready soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings , from coastal NJ ! It's 22 degrees now and due to go down to 14 by 7am tomorrow morning ! All the faucets are on drip , with their cabinet doors open , to stave off frozen pipes (hopefully)...welcome to winter !
    My Mom loved trains , too and was unable to fulfill her "Bucket List" of a trans-Canada train trip before she passed . What a woman !!!
    Hope all goes well and swiftly for the completion of your bathroom redo and that you are able to find comfort, my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fancy train ride sounds fun. I liked your other answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trainride is great! I always enjoy it, even when it's a short ride.
    Hope the bathroom will be done soon. and you'll get some peac and quiet, so your back hurts less.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.