Thursday, January 18, 2024

Winter is for Healing


Winter is upon us in no uncertain terms as the nation goes into deep freeze.  
I firmly believe that winter, with its silvery skies and early darkness is the season set aside for us to rest and relax.   We sow in spring, tend in summer, reap in fall and then we are too rest from labor.  Those who have jobs should be able to work less hours.. quitting time should be before dark so no has to commute in darkness.   Then home to rest up, sleep longer, allow the mind and body to repair from the hard work of the rest of the year.
Take advantage of the darker days... rest your eyes from the sun, nap, sleep more, unwind more. Spring will come soon enough and you will be on the go once again. Let your body heal in winter.
My fish hibernate in winter.  You stop feeding them when the water temperature goes well below 50F.  They slow down completely .  Some can be seen under the ice on the top left.
I am joining in for Skywatch Frieday.

When the waterfall freezes

Storm

Crystal branches



10 comments:

  1. I love your header with the lone red bird. The rest of the pictures are nice too. Stay warm and cozy. We are getting rain this weekend and we sure need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos. I love the frozen waterfall photo and the trees in all their splendor with ice and snow! Stay warm and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's Scripture about winter being a time of rest? My mind is foggy this morning. Anyway, it is a good idea to slow down and take things easy. Lovely photos. Y'all stay safe and warm. Hope you have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful header !
    The sentiment is wise and the photos are gorgeous !
    We're due for 3-6" of the white stuff today...started around 7am and due to stop late tonight . These days need hot soup and oven-warm homemade bread !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wintry banner! We have some cold temps here in Florida but thankfully...none of the white stuff! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your winter scenes look so cozy like I want to stay inside nice and warm. I fly the coup in the winter to go to Florida but I like your idea that winter is for healing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crystal branches. I've often wondered about fish in winter, and how they survive under the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. It's hard to imagine those goldfish under the ice like that all winter! Amazing!! But even the fish God equipped to withstand the wintry weather. That is such an interesting fact. I like your ideas about how people should work in winter. I agree. People shouldn't have to come home after dark and leave before daylight. They never get to see the sunshine! That's one reason why I was happy to leave the north and move back home to Florida. Those long winter nights were just too much for me. I need some sunshine to survive! I hope you have a pleasant rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muted snowy white with a dab of red, your header painting is a delight, a visual expression of your healing message.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.