Tuesday, February 20, 2024

First Things First


It's still winter and still cold out. I am enjoying the weather, the little bit of snow you had and the super sunny days that come afterwards.

First High Heels by Amos Sewell
Hello! It's a new week and another installment of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. I debated over the word episode and ended up with installment but I am still not satisfied. Oh well, here is is whatever it is and I do hope you enjoy joining in.

Let's talk about firsts in your life.

1. Do you remember your first pair of grown up style shoes, maybe high heels? How did that go?

I think so.  I recall wearing them in the 7th or 8th grade.  I believe my first pair were bone colored and were what they called kitten heels.

2. When was your first date and do you recall their name and where you went and what you did?

I was 14 and away from home with my friend's family. He was 17 I believe. No big deal, I was really just along for the ride so he would have a date. 

3. Do you have any memories of your first job?

Having to add up the totals in our heads and make change, having to understand Italian  to help  the little old ladies who shopped there.

4. What do you remember about your first home away from Mom and Dad?

My first apartment was my husband's apartment before we got married.  It was a nice big one bedroom in a lovely garden apartment.


6 comments:

  1. I remember having to count back their change, kids these days have no clue, and that is sad. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian is such a pretty language. I wish I could speak and read it. If I had to count change now I'd be lost. LOL My first job was a summer job in a kennel in Mims, Florida. I was 15 and rode my bicycle from Titusville to Mims 4 or 5 days a week. I enjoyed it since I like animals so much.
    Such a fun post.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't date until I was 16. I should have mentioned that I suppose. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of kitten hills. What are garden apartments? There were a lot of plants growing at my complex, but they were not big since it was newer complex. My patio was a garden for sure! That is when I made macrame holders for my plants and my grandparents gave us a lot of potted plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun Tuesday 4 post, Annie! You helped us come up with a lot of fun old memories! I enjoyed your answers. I don't know what "kitten heels" are, but I'm sure it was a big deal at the time! I honestly can't remember my first heels, but they had to have been sometime during my early teen years. I was rather tall, so I really didn't want to wear heels much because it made me taller than the boys at that age! LOL. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First job was a paper route. First real job was working in a gas station. I remember the wonderful feeling of making my own money and my first paycheck, and feeling independent!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.