Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday Stealing

Here is Sunday Stealing hosted by Bev Sykes. 
 
1. What is a big dream you have for the future?
I dream of the house being normal and fully repaired.  It is saddening when every room is in disrepair due to neglect.
2. What are your favorite hobbies?
I enjoy decorating for holidays, I love gardening, especially water gardening, tending the pond fish, painting pictures of things I see , photographing things I like, and I like to blog. I crochet but I don't think it's a hobby of mine.
3. If you could change the world, what would you do?
In order to change anything in this world you would need to undo the choices which mankind made in Eden and overall  they will not do that.
4. What places have you traveled to?  What was your favorite?
I have traveled to Canada and to a lot of the USA. Both are my favorites.  I like the smell of the air in Maine (pine and balsam are strong there). I love the atmosphere of Prince Edward Island.  I adore the beaches of New Jersey.  I liked Miami back long ago when it wasn't insane.  I loved living in Utah.
5. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I do not eat anything weird at all.   
6. What are your favorite places to eat?
There is a wonderful Italian restaurant that my family loves.
7. What kind of music do you like?  Talk about a favorite artist or songs.
When I was a child I loved a song about going to the farm. 
"Let's take a trip to the farm, our car's at the door. We'll call on the barnyard animals that you've heard about before."   
As a pre-teen, I   loved Capriccio Italienne by  Tchaikovsky and was a big fan of my father's Norman Luboff Choir records.  A favorite was their Songs of the South album

  
As a teen I liked some rock and roll and Broadway tunes.
As an adult I like the old easy listening, show tunes, classical music.
Favorite artists include Rogers and Hammerstein, Bach, Mozart, Johnny Mercer, Lerner and Lowe, Stephen Sondheim, John Williams, Hans Zimmer,  Enrico&nbsp Morricone, Peter White, Astor Piazzolla, etc. Look at my profile to see more.
Here is a song I like sung by KD Lang


8. What was the last book you read?
The Blood of Avalon by Adrian Gilbert
9. If you could meet a character from a book, who would it be?
Scarlet O'Hara, Anne Shirley, Anna Karenina, Jing-mei (June) Woo from The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

10. Do you prefer books or movies?  Why?
I prefer movies as reading hurts my eyes sometimes.  I have never had good eyesight. As long as the movie does not stray far off the track, I like the richness of the music, costume, sets,  etc. that go along with it.

11. What is something you used to be scared of, but aren’t any more?
 As a small kid I was leery of cats , then I got to know some that came into my house to live and ended up liking them quite a lot.
12. What is something you were never afraid of, but are now?
I am afraid of my lack of fear. My father once said to me "you have no fear of anything" and implied, of course that this was not good.  We were at  the beach and I was surfing. He was mainly referring to the ocean but I realized he meant that I generally feared nothing.
I do not like highway traffic because it's dangerous.

13. What item is your most cherished possession?  Why?
My piano.

14. What awards or contests have you won?
I won a writing contest about 5 years ago.   I won gold medals for running and a large 4ft trophy for running as well.   I won "wings" for running, various patches for running as well.   
15. Do you like working jigsaw puzzles?
Yes, I do.   I do the casse tete from a French site online too which are little and quick to do. Casse Tete is French for puzzle but literally means broken head.

 Don't forget about Tuesday 4.  It goes up later tonight!  Join in we'd love to have you.

6 comments:

  1. To win a 4 ft trophy, I'm assuming you were the overall winner of the race? I really enjoyed your answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maine! I need to get to PEI. I have a lot of cast albums of Broadway shows, even shows I've never seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'd like to meet Scarlet O'Hara! I'm in a puzzle group on Facebook and it's amazing to see the puzzles people work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also don't fear anything or much of anything. I am actually told I am assertive at work and perhaps I ought not be...well...to bad. See something say something. Maybe assertiveness and fear aren't the same, grin...anyways, wishing you a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Shirley is a good choice of a character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finished a well read Agatha Christie book but I'm still reading the Christian book "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. It's really opening my eyes to the generational sins that I've been making excuses for (temper, fears, etc) that are displeasing to God. I'm so thankful I took a chance on this writing.
    Good questions and answers but I just couldn't get into it this week. I enjoyed your answers.
    Maine is a nice State. We enjoyed our brief visit there over 10 years ago. So pretty.
    Hope you have a great week! Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.