Monday, June 10, 2024

Simple Woman's Daybook.. June 10th


For Today 

Looking out my window

I am thinking
Of things I have to order from the grocer. 

I am thankful
for life , family, friends, time to learn.

One of my favorite things
Violets 
 
I am wearing
Jeans and my Led Zeppelin tee-shirt, Minnetonka moccasins

I am  watching   
A film noir,  The Houston Story (1956) with Gene Barry on YouTube.


I am learning
To trust my self and at Hillsdale .. lots of wonderful things.

In my kitchen
I am trying to decide on new kitchen counters and colors.. Wondering about what brand of coffee maker to buy.  My Mr. Coffee is not doing a good job  after all these years.

In my garden
 I found a fellow to cut my lawn weekly.  Now I need someone to clean the entire yard.  

A moment from my day

Quote for the day:
A quote from Led Zeppelin 

4 comments:

  1. Love me a good film noir movie!! Great quote . . . I think that's what happened when I fell . . . I was rolling when I shouldn't have been. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of my Grandmother's liked to grow Violets. She kept them in the window of her apartment in Orlando, Florida. It was some flower that color anyway. My memory gets blurrier every year.
    Re: what you're wearing - you old Hippie you. *giggle*
    How about a light yellow or pastel kitchen? It would be cheerful. Hang some of your pretty art or photo prints there with lights highlighting them.
    Hope you can find a good coffee maker. I'd be lost (and a grumpy you-know-what) without ours. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink coffee, but we have a Black and Decker coffee pot with a timer so I can set it for when to come on in the morning for hubby's coffee. It was not too expensive...just an ordinary drip coffeemaker. Or do you prefer the kind that uses the little pods of coffee? Keurig or whatever they are? Some people love those if they don't drink too many cups and you can have a variety of flavors, but they are more expensive. This B&D one is much like a Mr. Coffee. It holds 12 cups, but we usually only make a half pot. I think your kitchen is very cheerful. I love the window. I know you are hoping to get it renewed. I would go with some kind of neutral color so that you can use any color scheme you want for decor/towels, etc., and aren't stuck with a certain style forever. But, if you want to do a certain color, go with whatever makes you smile when you see it. I hope you have a lovely evening. I hope to do the Tuesday 4, but it may be late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers. I wish you well in choosing colours and materials for your countertops. I find these kinds of decisions difficult to make as there are so many considerations. If Black and Decker coffee pot gets on your short list, I recommend it. My last several kinds have been B & D. They are not expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.