Friday, June 14, 2024

Wait til You See Him!

Wait Till You See Him
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Wait Till You See Him (1967)

This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it HERE

1) This is Nancy Sinatra's celebration of her father, Frank. She singles out the sound of his laugh as something special. Do you know anyone who has a great laugh?
Babies always have the best laughs I think.
2) Frank Sinatra recorded this song himself a decade earlier. It was one of more then 1,400 recordings he made over his career. When you think of him, what song comes to mind?
Young at Heart. It's a lovely song.
3) Nancy always called her famous father "Daddy," while her younger sister Tina referred to him as "Pop." How did/do you call your father?
Daddy when I was very young but by 6th grade I called him Pop.

4) Nancy went on to have two daughters of her own. The girls recall that their grandfather was loving and supportive, even when they went through a punk rock phase with spiky hair, lots of leather, and studs. Frank defended their extreme choices as a healthy means of self-expression. Did you have arguments with your parents over your clothes or hair? If you're a parent yourself, have you always approved of your kids' fashion choices?
I had no trouble with my parents over clothes or hair.   I didn't have real trouble with my kids on clothing either.
5) Back when our own Crazy Sam was in high school, her father gave her driving lessons. What grade would you give your driving today?
I was probably a C- . I despise driving.  The only thing I sort of liked was driving the trucks when we had horses.
6) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you grilled?
It was a very long time ago. Years in fact but probably hot dogs and hamburgers.
My Dad would cook out for every single holiday and I miss that. My mother would make potato salad, usually the German style and baked beans.  My grandmother made the pies for dessert.
7) Because he takes his grilling so seriously, Sam once invested in a pair of forged steel tongs for Father's Day. Does anyone on your gift list have a passion that makes them easy to shop for?
    No, not at all!  I hate giving gifts and shopping for them too. and I mean I really really hate the whole process.

8) Traditionally the most popular Father's Day gift have been ties, wallets and belts. However experiences -- like tickets to a concert or a sporting event -- are gaining in popularity. Which would you prefer to receive: something to own and hold or an experience to remember?
Something to own and hold like jewelry or clothing. Then buy me dinner and give me cupcakes.
9) Random question: Have you recently mistakenly called someone by the wrong name? 
Yup.   I always run through all the kids names until I get it right. 9 names to cycle through!  I once called a date by the wrong name.  
Ann

7 comments:

  1. How did the date react to the wrong name? I have a recording of my dad when he called me and called me by my sister's name. He caught his self and the said my name. I play it when I want to hear his voice. I am going to hear the song now. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to run through all our names, too. But there were only 4 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on the name calling...my mother did that and still does and I am the only girl, go figure on that, LOL. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers today, Annie. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm polar opposite about driving 'cause I love it! I started early. I was about 13 or 14 when they put me on a tractor. I've been hooked on anything with wheels and a motor ever since. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. "buy me dinner and give me cupcakes" made me laugh. Did you draw your header? It's lovely. 9 kids. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I paint most of my headers. And thank you. I am so glad you like it. That 9 includes grandkids!

      Delete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.