Saturday, September 1, 2018

Hard Working Women... saturday 9


Summertime and the living is easy...summer by the New Jersey seashore is officially over on Labor Day but.. the beaches are open year around and the boardwalk is too. Mostly locals after
September though. Snowbirds go to Florida, people from the north and from Philadelphia go home, people with summer homes close them down and return to the city for the fall.
I'll be here, God willing, though.  
The Famous Anonymous is now living on campus at Rutgers U..since Thursday. Its only an hour drive though.  She is in a special dorm for Pre-Med students.

 It's time for Saturday 9 and I am ready to join in. The meme goes up a few days early and so you can do it and set it to publish on Saturday. Isn't that convenient?
My answers are in pink.
Why not join in?  Just click the logo.
She Works Hard for the Money (1983) 


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who works hard as a waitress. What's the hardest job you've ever had?
Physically, it was working in a convenience store. I ran the counter and also put up the milk in the freezer which was heavy, hard work. I hurt my shoulder doing that as it involved hundreds of gallons of milk lifted off high pallets.

Working as a ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) Medical Technologist was hard when I ran a lab for a doctor and seeing patients test come back very bad was hard sometimes.I did more than just lab as I also helped with and got to know patients whom I loved.


2) The lyrics tell us she has worked at this job for 28 years. What's the longest you stayed with one employer?

I have worked for myself longest but not sure how long that is.

3) Donna Summer was inspired to write this song during an awards show. She ducked into the bathroom and met the elderly ladies' room attendant, whose job it was to make sure the room the spotless, the complimentary hairspray and moisturizer was abundant, and there was a hot towel for every celebrity who used the facilities. "Wow," Donna thought, "she works hard for those tips." Who is the last person you tipped?
A waiter at a restaurant.

4) Early in her career, Donna was in the touring company of the musical Hair. It played in Munich for so long that she became fluent in German. What's the longest you have ever lived away from home?
I define home as where my parents and grandparents were. I never had a happy marriage and never felt home with anyone else.
So,  I lived in Ohio for university, then I also lived away from home in Utah for about 15 years of my life. When I went to  Rutgers U. I commuted.

5) Sam's dad is naturally outgoing and enjoys striking up conversations with waitresses, librarians, the checker at the supermarket, etc. Sam is always polite but more private. Are you more like father or daughter?
It depends. According to the Myer Briggs test (which I take with a grain of salt as no one is all one thing) I am an ENTJ, "The Commander". An extrovert. However, being an extrovert does not mean you are the life of the party nor a glad hander.  If there is something to talk about, I do. If not, I don't. I look at a situation and decide when words are necessary and when they are not. I don't talk for the sake of talking and chattering, squeaky women make me wish I had duct tape.
When I see a person in difficulty I will step in or speak up if I think it will help. If I see someone awkward I will try to include them with conversation. I can be either.

6) A little more than 10% of the American workforce is self-employed. Have you ever been your own boss?
All my life, yes.

7) Labor Day weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?
No. Those who are in a position to know say no. Sleep test said I don't as well. 
By the way, if you DO snore.. get help fast. You are a prime candidate for heart attack and stroke. Don't fool around with it..It's not cute.You are damaging yourself.

8) Will you be attending a Labor Day picnic or barbecue? 
I wish, but don't know yet.  My father always made sure there were barbecues at home.  I think Monday may well  be spent at Rutgers, so maybe lunch or dinner there with the Famous.

9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe?
I would like to get a flannel shirt  and another college sweatshirt.  I am a sweatshirt fan in the cooler months. I wear them over a button down shirt.
 I also need a new pair of moccasins and some shoes for fall.  Mine are all worn out.

9 comments:

  1. I'm an INFP. The Mediator. So when I'm in public, I can be chatty, but I'm more comfortable alone. (Which usually surprises people.) I love those tests, even if they aren't always 100% accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting questions and answers today! I'm not ready for flannel shirts or sweatshirts yet, here in Florida. Hope you get to go shopping soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not ready either but I've learned to shop early or the choices are gone!

      Delete
  3. I love my moccasins. Do you wear the ones that have leather soles? They're great and I think much better for you than sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a while since I have taken that quiz, but I am an introvert. You would be good for me as a friend. Maybe that is why I love to visit you.
    I also defined home as with my parents. I did not know how to answer that one.
    Loved your answers! Have a nice long weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning , my friend !
    Interesting questions...interesting answers .
    Isn't it amazing how different folks can be from our expectations of them !
    "Home" for me was the house where we lived until I was 7 years old...after that awful move ,
    everything thereafter seemed temporary . My current house of fourteen years is the longest
    ever spent in one place .
    Hope all works out for a great weekend for you !
    Be well



    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your answers! I think the hardest job I ever had was being a working wife and mother. It sure kept me busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.