Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday 9, Don't Envy Me! 1963

Hi Friends and welcome to another Saturday 9 meme.
You can join in with us by clicking on the graphic and answering the questions, which are usually a lot of fun. Memes allow you to get to know other bloggers and provide a fun way to spend a few minutes.
This week's meme has George Hamilton as a theme and I have enjoyed his acting in old films, especially Zorro the Gay Blade which is one of my all time favorite movies. If you've not seen it, I highly recommend it . It's very funny.
 I also enjoyed him in Where the Boys Are, another old movie I found and enjoyed.  Connie Francis starred in that as well as Dolores Hart who gave up acting to become a nun.
Also, I am a fan of Burt Bacharach  who wrote the song George is singing.




 Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me (1963)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What is it about you that you believe your friends and acquaintances envy?
Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins that will lead you  to hell: pride or vanity, envy, lust, gluttony, anger, greed and sloth or laziness. Envy, even for good things, leads you to destroy your own soul.
I don't believe there is anything to envy. My life has been pretty difficult over all. 

2) Do you have a friend or acquaintance that you envy?
No, I don't think that way.  Every person has their own problems. I wouldn't want to be anyone else or even be like them.

3) This song was not a hit, even though it was written and produced by the super successful team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Tell us about a project you had great confidence in at the beginning, but didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.
There have been some projects in painting sometimes were not what I really wanted them to be at all.

4) George Hamilton is better known as an actor. He is proud of his performance in the 1960 movie Light in the Piazza. He played an Italian who romances an American girl on holiday in Florence. Did you ever find love while vacationing?
I have never found love at all.   I've been flirted with on vacation.

5) George had a small part in Godfather III. How many of the Godfather movies have you seen? Have you read the book?
While I haven't read the book I have seen all the movies.  Wouldn't see them again, though.


6) He's gotten a lot of publicity over the years for his personal life, including his 1966 romance with First Daughter Lynda Bird Johnson. At the time, she was living in the White House. Tell us about a memorable experience you had "meeting the parents."
 His step-Mom, who raised him, was competent at everything and a bit intimidating but very nice.


7) George is also known for his year-round tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed? Or self tanner?
No, never used them at all. I don't care for tanning as it ages the skin badly.

8) In 1963, when this record was released, President Kennedy made a historic trip to Ireland. Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors?

As my great grandmother said, if the place they came from was so great, how come they left?


9) Random question -- The last of a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies just fell on your kitchen floor. Would you eat it?
No.  And no great loss as it was the last batch which seems to imply there were other batches that didn't fall on the floor!

 
 

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers, hope you have a lovely Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a few guys I dated in the past that I don't think I would have liked to meet their moms... as some intimidated the heck out of me! Loved reading your answers! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS always I enjoy my visit... it is always so interesting to learn a bit more about our blog friends.. I am so completely with you regarding tanning beds.. It only took one time of getting a bad sunburn when I was young to bring about terrible repercussions of skin cancers for me now in my 60's. Recurring episodes over one time in the sun! BAH humbug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about envy. I do admire that you live in such a beautiful place, but so do I. It is just different. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to visit !
    Good questions...terrific answers...
    I , too , am paying the ongoing price for this fair-skinned woman's early exposure to the sunburns...
    It was what was done then...not much fun now
    Be well , my friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.