Saturday, June 8, 2019

Moving On.. saturday 9



Saturday 9: I'm Moving On (1965)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.




1) In this song, Chyvonne Scott sings that she's sick of her lover's "conniving." Tell us about a time you felt deceived. (It doesn't have to involve romance.)
It always has involved romance, however. Every man I ever had a relationship with has deceived me, been unfaithful, lied, cheated, stole.  I've picked really awful men.

2) She realizes it's time to move on to another love. What's your favorite love song? Is it about a relationship that's running smoothly? Or is it like "I'm Moving On," about an unhappy love affair?

I think this is a lovely love song and always loved it since I first heard it in a movie. Would be nice to dance with someone to this song. So romantic.







3) Though Chyvonne Scott enjoyed only limited success as a recording artist, she was very popular in New York clubs. When did you most recently listen to music performed live?

It's been a while. Last concert was a while back--- Ariana Grande with the Famous Anonymous.

4) In 2017, this song appeared on a Samsung commercial that poked fun at rival iPhone. Is your cell phone an Apple or Android? How did you choose your phone?

Android . Was chosen for me.

5) Chyvonne is an unusual name. In 1965, when this song was first released, the most popular baby names in the US were Michael and Lisa. Do you have any Michaels or Lisas in your life?

Nope.

6) Also in 1965, Winston Churchill died. In researching this week's Sat. 9, Sam discovered a Churchill quote that's new to her: "I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." Share something interesting that you recently learned.

That the  Reformation in England was simply a looting operation without one shred of decent reason for it.

7) In 1965, one of the most successful movies ever made, The Sound of Music, was released. Have you ever seen it?
No and it looks boring to me so I probably never will. 

8) Lava lamps were already popular in England and Brussels, but in 1965 they were introduced in the US. Do you think lava lamps are cool?
Yes, they are cool.

9) Random question -- You have to buy something very personal that you find embarrassing. Would you rather pay cash for it, so your identity would be unknown but you'd have to face the cashier? Or order it online, where you could avoid looking anyone in the eye, but you have to share your name and address?
I pay cash for almost everything I buy. I am not embarrassed to buy anything. People really don't care what you buy  they are more interested in themselves than others for the most part.

3 comments:

  1. YES! I totally agree with you on #9. I do not think anyone cares. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, Enjoyed your answers. Two of my favorite singers are Nat King Cole and Mel Torme. Have a blessed weekend dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....you recognize you picked horrible men, so maybe if another comes along you will know what to look for??? The Sound of Music is boring...at least I think it is. I don't get what everyone loves about it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.