Friday, June 14, 2019

Saturday 9.. Stuff

The weather has been autumn like and Saturday is supposed to be warmer, which is a shame. My daughter is home from London today and the kids and I are rewatching Teen Wolf together this summer. What do you have planned for summer?



Saturday 9: I Learned from You (2007)
... Because it's Father's Day weekend.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is a duet by the father/daughter team, Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus. Is your family musically inclined?
Yes.  My grandmother taught organ and piano and played pipe organ professionally for several places of worship and weddings, etc.
My mother played very well and my father could play jazz and honky tonk piano very well.
I  also play and the Famous Anonymous and the Little also can play piano and guitar.
My daughter and I both sing.

2) This song is about life lessons. Who has been a major influence on your life?
 
God is the major influence.

3) Miley's given name is "Destiny." Her nickname as a baby was "Smiley," which is where Miley came from. What's something that can always be depended upon to make you smile?
  Carol Burnett show. I watch it on YouTube.

4) Miley's father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, has 5 children in addition to Miley (6 in all). Are you the oldest, the middle or the youngest sibling? Or are you an only child?
 
I am my mother's only child though I had  half siblings and I am vastly younger than them.

5) Sam's own father often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps, shampoos or body lotion he got from the hotel. Tell us about an inexpensive but treasured souvenir from a trip you've taken.
 
I don't have any. 

6) Back when Sam was in high school, it was her father who gave her driving lessons. Are you patient when teaching someone something new?
Yes as long as they listen.

7) Sam's father is easy to buy for: every year he wants a new pair of loafers, so every year for Father's Day she gives him a DSW gift card. Is there anyone on your gift list that you find it easy to buy for?
 
Nope. No one at all. I hate giving gifts for a variety of reasons.

8) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill?
 
I don't have a grill and haven't for ages so I don't know.

9) Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually reach for something sweet or salty?
 
 Neither.  Snack is usually popcorn without salt but lots of brewer's yeast and unsalted butter.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, Enjoyed and agreed with a few of your answers. I didn't do this one this week as I wouldn't have answered many of them. Loved your first answer as I learned that you come from a musical family including yourself. How I wish I was able to sing (I only sing to myself LOL). Have a blessed day ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo Annie. Is the scene taken very close to your home or on your property? I enjoyed your answers to the various questions. I was surprised to hear your put brewer's yeast on your popcorn. I use nutritional yeast myself and it tasty a bit salty and a bit cheesy but healthier. My summer plans are not extensive as things have been so busy but I hope to enjoy at least one summer festival and have a visit from my niece as well as time for reading and relaxing. At least that is my hope. Have an awesome weekend and enjoy Teen Wolf with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, the photo is very close to my home. Brewer's yeast is addictive I love it and its great on popcorn.

      Delete
  3. Well, I am not going to do this one--can't stand Miley Cyrus. As for summer, we have been taking short day trips here and there. We cant afford to go on vacation. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Carol Burnett! That is such a great show! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to have so much talent in your family! That is one gift I wish I had, but I am about as musical as a tree stump. Love Carol Burnett and Tim Conway. I've been watching a lot of the old shows with the dementia residents lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems taht all of us have a great musical history... You surely chose a favorite for smiles and laughs.. MY favorite was their Gone with the Wind retelling! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #7. I am always hopeless at gift giving. I LOVE Carol Burnett but have never found any of her stuff.
    And you have a wonderful musical heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We recently found Carol Burnett on Amazon Prime and have been watching those old episodes. Some are a little dated but not by much. Good stuff. Too bad they don't make shows like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.