Saturday, December 28, 2019

Cold As Ice

Now we are awaiting New Year's Eve!


Saturday 9 is brought to us each week by Sam Winters.

From Sam: "Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!"


Saturday 9: Cold as Ice (1977)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Our last Saturday 9 of 2019. Thank you for another great year, everyone!


1) Look back on 2019 and share a happy moment.
Thanksgiving Day was very nice. A great day for the family.

2) As 2019 ends, are you making any New Year's resolutions for 2020?
I have never made resolutions for New Year.   From my point of view, making changes in your life is character development and that is not done best by making resolutions or promises but by just doing and seeking help from God for those changes.    So you say, without vowing, I will do such and such, God willing.  You can't resolve to so something. You can only try to do something with the help and by the will of heaven.

3) Tell us about an obstacle or challenge you faced in 2019.
A scary diagnosis for the Famous Anonymous. We are still up in the air over it.

4) Is it "cold as ice" outside where you are today?
It's in the 40s, so no.

5) Foreigner is this week's featured artist. The band formed in New York City. If you were to travel to New York City, what would you be sure to see?
I live close to NYC and been there very often. I guess if I go for something specific it would be to attend the opera. I like that :)

6) The band went by the name Trigger. They changed it because their prospective record label was already auditioning a different group named Trigger. They settled on Foreigner because half the members were foreign -- from England. If you received a free, round-trip airline ticket to any foreign country, where would you go?
I suppose I wouldn't mind going to Scotland.

7) In 1977, when this song was popular, Star Wars was breaking all box office records. The Spy Who Loved Me, a James Bond movie, was also a 1977 hit. Which film series do you prefer: Star Wars or James Bond?
James Bond.  I watched Thunderball last night actually.
I never thought much of Star Wars.

8) In 1977, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you answering these 9 questions on an Apple product (PC, laptop, pad or phone)?
No.  Not an Apple product at all.

9) Random question: What was the last thing you thought of as you dozed off last night?
prayers

 tomorrow is Sunday Stealing.

6 comments:

  1. I've never been to NYC and probably never will. If I did, I would love to see the Statue of Liberty, she fascinates me. It's 63 here, expecting a high tomorrow in the 70's....winter where are you?! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your answer to #1. It echoes the thinking behind "Lose It For Life," that the only way to change the relationship with food is to surrender it to God and let him work to restore you to a healthy relationship with food and fitness. I've never heard any other "diet" program say that, not even the faith-based ones. Enjoy a beautiful and blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't been swept away by the Star Wars saga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray everything will turn out ok for FA! How scary! Loved your answers! Have a Happy New Year 2020!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers...smiles. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.