Friday, January 3, 2020

Warm.. Sat 9

Hi Friends!
Here is the first Saturday 9 of the new decade. I hope you are joining in.
I like doing these as it gives bloggers a chance to get to know one another better and that is  why I blog. It's not just about my thoughts, I want very much to know your thoughts as well.
 The host for Sat 9 is Sam Winters:


"Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!"


  Keep Me Warm (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Here's our first Saturday 9 of 2020!


1) Are you feeling warm and cozy as you answer these questions?
I feel okay, not cozy, not warm, but just okay.

2) This time of year is important to college football fans. Are you watching/have you watched any of the Bowl games this year?
No. I no longer have cable and don't watch TV but even if I did, I just wouldn't be bothered... except for this: sometimes I get nostalgic for home and will put on a game for a bit to hear the sound. My mother always had sports on.

3) Crazy Sam's been cold/flu free so far this winter and credits the Echinacea she takes every morning. Her brother insists she's wasting her money. Do you take any herbal supplements?
Well, echinacea does work to boost the immune system but it does mess with blood pressure as well. But if a cold or something is around it is great. and will shorten it or help you avoid it completely.
I take some vitamins that I need but no herbs.

4) In the video for this song, Erin Bowman is singing in front of lights and ornaments. Are you sorry to see the decorations slowly disappear? Or do you think they should all come down right away?

I think people should do whatever they want regarding their decorations.  When something makes you happy why be in a hurry to get rid of it? Take things down when you are ready to do so.

5) She sings about socks, a scarf and a sweater. Tell us about your favorite sweater.
I don't have a favorite sweater.  I used to long ago. It was a really great woolen Wimbledon and a Notre Dame Letter Sweater I was given.

6) Erin credits her 8th grade choir teacher for believing in her and giving her a solo. That helped give her the confidence to go into performing professionally. When you were in 8th grade, did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up?

No. I had no clue and didn't think much about it either.

7) This song has been used in commercials for McDonald's and Turner Classic Movies. What commercial have you seen recently? Was it on TV or online?
I see online commercials on YouTube all the time. I think the latest was for Dr. Squatch soap. They are wonderfully funny.

8) In 2014, when this song was first released, we lost both Joan Rivers and Robin Williams. What comedian always makes you laugh?
 I think Brad Upton is very funny and his humor is clean


9) Random question -- There are two performers in the trapeze act: the one who flies through the air and the one who catches the flier. Which would you rather be?
Flier I guess though I am not really interested in being either one. I am not into dangerous death defying acts.


Tomorrow is Sunday Stealing.
Monday I will  put up   Toni's Tuesday 4 meme.Link Up Here

12 comments:

  1. I bet there's a good story to go with that Notre Dame sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie or do you prefer Ann? I did the Saturday Nine. I am slowly getting use to Blogger now. It is much easier to do a blog post. I need to learn to add an image and center it. I think you gave me instructions can I have them again. Thanks! I sure miss Toni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean to center the image, I think I have a tutorial on that. I will get one for you. The blogger interface provides for right/left and center when you post a picture, but centering a header is a bit different. I can help.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. Wishing you a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time for me to participate in Saturday 9 and it was fun.
    Enjoyed your answers and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting answers. I’m not a fan of college football, I have no idea who played in any if the bowl games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good questions and terrific answers !
    Thank you for the comedy video !I'm still home nursing a cold (that refuses to go away)
    and listened to the WHOLE THING !!!! Laughed until the tears ran...so funny and
    so true...Thank you !!!
    So glad you are my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on Christmas decorations. Oh my goodness! That Brad Upton video is hilarious! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are rather wet here today...been raining all morning, and a cold front is apparently passing through and will be much colder tomorrow morning. (in the 30's!) My favorite sweater is my mother's sweater that I love to put on sometimes and it makes me feel like she is hugging me. But mostly I wear my red plaid flannel shirt over my other shirt when I feel chilled here in the house, and a hoodie kind of sweatshirt if we go out and I need something extra. My Christmas decorations are still up. I am not in any hurry to take them down, but when I start to feel like they are in the way then I will know it is time...I enjoy the lights so much on these dark nights that get dark so early. When I was in 8th grade I had no clue what I wanted to be, and I still didn't know when I graduated H.S. I had some plans after school that got changed, and then I met my hubby at our community college, and that became my "plan" for the rest of my life! I don't regret it. We've had a good life for 50 years so far and counting, and I've been able to do many things I probably would never have been able to do otherwise. I'm not much into football, but if I do watch, it would be college...no particular team, although my mother loved Ohio State and my Dad went to Penn State, so when they play each other it was always a big deal at our house! I was born in PA, but like Ohio better, so I usually root for Ohio. I'm not into comedians much...I miss the old days of Carol Burnett show, and some of those other variety shows that had good fun clean comedy. This was interesting. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubs and I really enjoyed watching your video before supper tonight. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.