z Cottage by the Sea : Quirky Saturday Nines

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Quirky Saturday Nines



Hey Everyone! It's 27F outside right now! Chilly for April.
 This is important in light of today's society, it is the final words of George Orwell, author of the famous book 1984. It's very short;less than two minutes.




Time for Sunday Stealing!!
"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"

Quirky Questions from SwapBot
 1.   Did you become what you wanted to be when you grew up? Are you happy with your choice?
I wanted to be a cowboy or a jet pilot.. so no, I didn't but, they were unrealistic anyway.
But even in university I couldn't pin down what I wanted.. turns out I wanted Forensic anthropology.

2.    Did man really go to the moon or was it a publicity stunt?
I don't believe that they went by rocket, no. But I think there are more advanced ways we aren't privy too.

3.    Given the opportunity to change one major aspect of your life (i.e. career, relationship, family) with no guarantee of the outcome, would you take the chance? Why?
Yes i would take a chance on changing my marriage as it was awful.

4.    Does money buy happiness?
Yes. It can.   I know, I know... I've heard  all the pious platitudes about love and etc. but its horse hockey. For a very poor person money can buy them a lot of happiness.
No one starving is happy.
No one naked is happy.
No one living in dire poverty is happy.
No one unable to afford decent medical care is happy.
So while the sappy memes people post  look good, they are not the truth.

5.    What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Open my eyes of course.

6.    What are we going to do when we run out of room to bury the dead?

We won't. I used to think about that as a teen then I wised up and realized, due to my archaeology and anthropology that you are probably living over many dead bodies and don't even know it. They do nearly disintegrate over time, soil builds up and voila.. its like they  never existed.

7.    What is your greatest fear? Why? Is it rational or unreasonable?
I don't have one really.

8.    How do you feel about the exploitation of your private data in the digital age? Does it ever cross your mind or are you hyper-aware of the risks?
Not worried about it overly. I do take precautions.

9.    You can be forgiven one debt. What is it? If you don’t have debt, then how did you do it?
Mortgage.

10.    Hot or cold? Well, you must have both.

11.    What is your favorite thing in the world (aside from family, friends, pets)?
Nothing. I am not a person who goes on about that kind of thing.

12.    You have to give up one of your five senses. Which one would you go without?
 I have to or what?? What would happen when I say no?
Anyway, I do Kobayashi Maru as usual and change the " you have to" to you don't have to and then I don't. easy.


13.    Do you believe everyone has a doppelgänger?
No. While there are lookalikes, there are no doppelgangers really.
There are people whose handwriting is similar,etc. They really fall in classes actually.

14.    Likewise, does everyone have a soulmate or is it just a matter of proximity and circumstance?
 No. I don't see any evidence of it.  I like the idea of it though, but think it's mostly junk.

15.    Imagine you have a theme song that plays every time you enter a room. What would your song be?
The Imperial March from Star Wars of course.


Thanks to Bev for another great job.

10 comments:

  1. I love your Kobayashi Maru answer - I'm going to have to steal that sometime. We think similar about money. I grew up poor. Money can't buy happiness, but it helps. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forensic anthropology would have been a cool career. Was that even a thing back when we went to school? I can't remember anything that even seems close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It requires a degree in several things and a PhD over all.

      Delete
  3. Interesting questions and answers !
    The answer to #4 is so very true ! Once rescued from poverty , what one does from there is a personal decision toward happiness . From dire experience , it is difficult to be truly happy when poor , living in a winter house without any utilities , seriously ill , no idea where the next meal will come from and trying to work when one's fever was occasionally below 101 degrees . There were many lessons learned from that...gratitude for survival was one and faith was strengthened .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read 1984 - a scary book indeed and becoming more real recently.

    The Imperial March from Star Wars - great choice.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, been saying this all morning-these questions have hurt my head, LOLOL. I believe the opposite; doppelgängers. Not that I believe in coincidences mind you, but there are some oddness going on. There is one person who has my husband name and 1 digit off in SS number, yep. Weird...ANYWAYS---have a beautiful day friend. And once, I literally ran into a girl who could of been my twin...we both looked at each other like, Okkkkkkkkkkkk…BACK AWAY. Twilight zone moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mentioned the handwriting types...my co-worker and I have very similar handwriting. It is kind of weird. We are always asking each other...did you write this or did I write this? Funny. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that the book 1984 was required reading in 12th grade. I took the book home and my father picked it up and opened it to a page that had a curse word and he threw it in the trash and said I wasn't allowed to read it. I told him it was required by my English teacher, who was a fine upstanding member of our church (and the church choir which he also sang in), so he relented and said I could read it. It is strange how much has come true..."Big Brother" really is watching us, and we sit here and let him as we do facebook, texting, cell phones, anything on the computer and now smart tv's. Now some people invite him in through Siri or whatever those other things are that answer all your questions and listen to your conversations, etc. No thank you. I have to draw the line somewhere. But it may be too late. Praying for the Lord to come soon and take us all "home' before it gets worse. Your answers were all good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some interesting questions. I has me off thinking of a tangent. Instead of changing one thing I wish I knew then all the things I know now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.