Saturday, September 23, 2023

Answer the Phone


The Nor'easter/  hurricane / Bomb cyclone  is here in it's outer bands. Rain, wind, cool temperatures and it will get worse as the day goes on and into Sunday.
 I am joining in for Saturday 9 nonetheless.
"Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

Saturday 9: Answer the Phone (2001)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song likens a relationship to a roller coaster ride. When did you most recently visit an
amusement park?
It's been a long time. Not since the destruction from hurricane Sandy when the Seaside Heights boardwalk was ripped to shreds.

2) Lead singer Mark McGrath reasons that his girl should answer the phone because he knows she's home. That was decades ago, when most homes still had landlines. Where were you when you took your last call? Were you at home?
Yes. I was at home.  We always had trouble with our land line because being so close to the water, lines corrode and we never had reliable service at all.   My junky relatives thought I didn't answer on purpose but then they are junky people.
3) He remembers the glow of her face when he gave her a rose. Have you recently given or received a gift of flowers or a plant?
No, not in a long while  now.

4) Sugar Ray's debut CD was called Lemonade and Brownies. Crazy Sam admits she'd prefer milk with her brownie. What about you? Does the combination of lemonade and brownies sound good to you?
No lemonade and brownies does not sound good at all.   I'd prefer a cup of tea with my brownies.

5) In 2005, Mark McGrath was a guest judge on American Idol. At one time, Idol was the dominant singing competition show. Today, in addition to American Idol, viewers can also watch The Voice and America's Got Talent. Are you a fan of any or all of these shows?
No. I don't think they are as real as people like to believe.   I just don't watch TV.

6) Sugar Ray is a famous name in boxing circles. Sugar Ray Robinson and  Sugar Ray Leonard were both world championships. Are you a boxing fan?
Not a fan no but I do know that boxing is a sport that requires a great deal of training and they are great fighters.  I have seen street fighters take on a boxer and be very sorry they did!!
Looked for clipart for "boxer" found this.   


7) In 2001, when this song was popular, the Leaning Tower of Pisa reopened to the public after more than a decade of renovations. Have you ever been to Italy? If yes, where did you go? If not, is a trip to Italy on your wish list?

My family have been all over Italy but, no. I've never left the USA except to go to Canada.   I would like to see Turin and of course, my family went to Pompeii and Rome and I would like that also but I will never get to go.

8) Also in 2001, Liverpool's Speke Airport was renamed John Lennon Airport. Liverpool's is the first airport in the United Kingdom to be named after an individual. Tell us about something in your hometown that is named after someone.
Many streets in my town are named for people. A small park is named for a person too.

9) Random Question: Is the screen on your cell phone cracked?
 No, its in good condition.

6 comments:

  1. I am praying for you as the storm blows in. May God keep you safe and sound. Lemonade and brownies sounds terrible. I don't drink milk, and I don't eat much chocolate, but when I do have a brownie, I like vanilla ice cream on it. I usually drink water to wash it down. Regarding plants...if I get flowers/plants, it is usually because I bought them I do not buy cut flowers, however. Why buy something that is going to just die in a few days? I buy plants that can be planted and live and bloom for many years hopefully. Although my green thumb is rather brown and sometimes they don't last that long. But I still enjoy them while they last. I hope you have a safe weekend. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that term, junky relative. The boxers are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 I have friends who lives in Vermont and Sandy hit them hard. All the roads were washed out and they were isolated for about a week before helicopters brought in supplies. When they started repairing the road, they were allowed two hour to drive out and two hours in the evening, and the rest of time there were repairing the roads.
    #4 I don’t think any of us Saturday 9ers liked that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning , All !
    We are still in the grip of the hurricane...high winds , torrential rain and coastal flood warnings through tonight . Hope all of you are safe , dry and warm ! I like my brownies with chopped walnuts and without frosting...no lemonade chaser , please !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.