Friday, September 1, 2023

Working for a Living


Hello friends! Welcome. The Ber Months are back! September, October, November, December! The best months of the year in my estimation.  What do you think?  I am an autumn baby and so maybe that's why I like this autumn time of year.  It's summer until September 23rd though.  But this year I had a wonderful summer.  The weather was just so lovely.   


Unfamiliar with this week's tune?    Hear it here.

1) Huey begins the song by telling us some workdays feel like they will never end. How was last week for you?   Did it drag or did it fly by?
Time has been flying by for me.   The weather here has been perfection with low temperatures and

lovely cool breezes.  I hate for the day to end.
2) He sings that his car payment is due. Think about your personal finances. Do you pay most of your bills manually or do you more often take advantage of automated bill pay?
 I pay online as its hard to get to the post office now.
3) Huey Lewis achieved a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take SATs and/or ACTs? Were your results anything to brag about? (If they were, go ahead and let us know!)
Yes I took both the SAT and the ACT. My Sat score was 700 in English and 600something in math.  I forget the ACT completely.
4) In his role as District Attorney for Essex County, MA, Huey's grandfather Hugh Cregg prosecuted high-profile murder cases. Do you enjoy watching or reading courtroom dramas?
Well, in a way though I get upset at how unfair trials are, how stupid juries can be and how awful the prosecuting attorneys often are.
5) Huey no longer performs because he has an inner-ear disorder that prevents him from holding a vocal pitch. Of your five senses -- hearing, sight, smell, touch and taste -- which is the strongest?
I don't really know.  I think they are probably mostly equal.
6) He is a fan of fly fishing. Did you do any fishing this summer?
I didn't.  I haven't been fishing in a long time.   We used to go trout fishing in American Fork Canyon in Utah almost every weekend.   We'd load up the horses and go camping up at the 2nd lake.  It was really nice.


Since this Monday is Labor Day, the holiday established to celebrate the American worker …  

7) Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss? 
Yes, I have.
8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a boss. Are you one of the 50%?  
Indeed I have!
9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job that required you to be outdoors most of the time?
 No but I wish I had.  I love being outdoors so much!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Annie, for them any smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day by the sea, grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 On the Cape it is sweater weather today.
    #5 As I age all my senses are decreasing but my sense of smell, I can still smell the steak on my next door neighbor’s grill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting ! Always something lovely and uplifting here !
    Enjoy this beautiful day...hope you get to some of your favorite places !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I strongly suspect 50% leave a job because of a boss is a low percentage. It's probably more like 75%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with CountryDew. Bosses can really be dragons.
    And, I so very much understand that about watching or keeping tract of criminal trials.. I am ignoring them because of needing to be health. Wanting to kill with a wink doesn't help blood pressure. no no no. . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.