Friday, December 8, 2023

Wildest Dreams


  
Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?
To dinner for the Famous Anonymous' birthday.

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.)
My family is always on my mind.

3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?
No. I am surrounded by forest on 3 sides and so sunset is not really easily seen.

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?
 Rome.

5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?
No, I don't.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe?
 I am a deep winter... I look best in royal blue, navy, lipstick red, white, black, and deep purples. 


7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business?
Liza Minelli followed her mom Judy Garland.

8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles?
Nothing to report doc.

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life?
10 zip codes. 

Here is a  better song entitled Your Wildest Dreams.  by the Moody Blues.....>



 

8 comments:

  1. Love your color chart. I never had that done, but I know I can't wear pinks and bright colors or yellows, etc. I love the deep blues, teals, greens, purples, burgundy. I cannot list the number of zip codes where we've lived. I might have a list somewhere, but it is too long to share. I hope I never have to add any more to it, but one never knows in this day and age. My beautician is retiring this month and closing her shop, so I'll be searching for someone else to take care of my hair. I am not able to cut it myself very well, so I need to find someone. Also my hubby's barber has moved away, so he's in the same boat. We may just let our hair grow and become hippies. LOL. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your colors...I am trying to switch out my normal jewel and natural tones for more Christmasy tones, reds and greens. I try to pick out according to seasons...but my closet is full, LOL. I hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the birthday dinner! Happy birthday to F.A.! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !
    Hoping all is well with all of you !
    The bad storm , now around Tennessee , is due here tomorrow afternoon and overnight...
    batten down those hatches and stay safe !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Moody Blues!

    Maybe I have the same palette. The colours no to wear make me look pale and yellow-ish.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.